Friday, September 27, 2013

Kinkon Tosanikki ⑪

A series of four-panel comics called Kinkon Tosanikki appears the evening edition of the local Kochi Shimbun newspaper.

 
 
 
 
Grandpa : You know, November 15th is the anniversary of Ryoma’s birth as well as his death.
Takumi : Wow.

Takumi : When was grandma’s birthday again?
Grandpa : What!?

Grandpa : Ummm…. it’s…
Takumi : You remember Ryoma’s but you forget your wife’s?
Grandma : Hahaha…. That’s quite….

Grandma : TROUBLING!!
Grandpa : Oh no… today will be the anniversary of my death.
 
 
 
● Tosaben Tidbit ~ metta ~
   When the grandmother says “metta” this is the past tense of the Tosaben verb “meru”. This tosaben corresponds to ① “meiru (to feel depressed)” or to ② “mairu (to be annoyed)” in standard Japanese. In the case of ② it is being used as “komatta (to be troubled)”. Also, in front of “metta” there is “kora”. This is the tosaben form of the standard Japanese “kore wa”. So the grandmother is actually saying “this is troubling” when she glares at grandfather.

1 comment:

  1. I just want the whole world to know about this spell caster I met
    two weeks ago,  I cannot say everything he has done for me my wife
    left me 3 years ago left with my kids I was going through online
    when I meant this wonderful man's testimony online I decided to
    give it a try and my wife is back to me now and we are happily
    married again cause is too much to put in writing all I can say is
    thank you very much am very happy   Contact him today on oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete