Friday, August 31, 2012

Kochi’s Hidden Village

   Thanks to amalgamations, there are now even more great places within Kochi’s city limits. One of these is former Tosayama village. A close friend of mine lives in a converted farmhouse in the town, and so I have the pleasure of visiting the area 2 or 3 times a month. Despite being only 30mins from the city, it’s as if you’ve entered a different world!
 
   Whether I sit by the headwaters of the Kagami river reading, or spend hours soaking in the Tosayama Auberge onsen, I am always refreshed by the trip. I’ve been particularly impressed by the active community around the Nakagawa area. Facing up to a declining population, they plan various events and try to revitalize their town. Deciding that the town needed a hotel, they convinced a company to set up the Tosayama Auberge hotel.
 
   The farmers of the area have also got together to promote organic agriculture. Locals also get together to put on the friendliest festivals I have experienced, including the Higan-bana Fesitval, the Firefly Festival and the O-bon Festival. It seems to me that Tosayama has preserved something that the rest of Japan has forgotten. Why not visit when you get the chance?

Taken from vol.21 PDF

4 comments:

  1. Good one. I am glad to read your post. I have come across one amazing place. Surrounded by the Western Ghats and the Arabian sea, Kochi or Cochin (Kochi) was formed as an ancient port city after the Great Floods of the Periyar River. There are around 257 hotels in Kochi. Check out all best 257 hotels in Kochi also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot from the previous parts and with this part, I didn't learn much at all.

    online game for kids
    jogos friv online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I'm into your pieces of writing. I wait for your posts every week. I learn many new interesting things from the articles. The information is essential for me. I want to thank you for sharing. Thanks for the website article.Really thank you! Significantly obliged

    gy game free
    kids friv
    y8 games unblocked 66

    ReplyDelete
  4. jogos io gratis
    friv Games to play
    2player game online
    I enjoy each one of the posts, Document appreciated, I will take pleasure in a whole lot more knowledge this particular, considering it's always really quite gratifying., Enjoy it suitable imparting.

    ReplyDelete